Tuesday, September 22, 2009

HR pros to follow on twitter

I'm finally back after a morning sickness induced hiatus. Hooray!

Steve Boese (@steveboese) compiled a lengthy and fantastic list of HR people on twitter. You can find it here: http://steveboese.squarespace.com/

I was super psyched to be able to access such a list because I use twitter to strengthen my skills as an HR professional. When I tell people this I usually get a face full of confusion. 99% of the people I am connected to on twitter are HR related. I use the service to keep up to date on best practices, advances in recruiting (e.g. leveraging social networking), legal issues and to be part of the HR conversation.

I have connected with some of the most amazing, intelligent, clever and downright funny HR people via twitter. Initially I was seriously humbled and felt a little insecure because these folks were awesome. I eventually got over myself and dove in. It really took me about 6 months to understand how to use twitter in a meaningful way and boy, am I glad I figured it out.

I share information with my HR colleagues that I learn on twitter via the folks I follow and more often than not, the response is "how'd you find out about that?". It's all on twitter (wink!).

Thank you Steve Boese for compiling this great list and even bigger thanks for including me. Now, get to tweetin!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lisa, glad to see you back! I completely agree-the list Steve put together is an amazing resource for HR pros to use.

    Take care and I hope this is the last of the morning sickness for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much for mentioning the list of HR and Recruiting folks on Twitter, and I am glad you found the lists helpful. As you said, it can be very hard for new users to see any value when they first create a Twitter account, and this utility is one way to try and address that problem.

    ReplyDelete